Interesting nano fish for a red sea max 130

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea max 130 currently with a yellow clown goby, geometric pygmy Perchlet and various soft corals.

What fish or inverts would you recommend for this tank. I would like to keep the tank as peaceful as possible

I quite like the look of golden assessors and blue stripe pipefish (the tank has been running for at least 3 years), royal grammas and ecsenius blennies. So what would you suggest

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the suggestion , very nice fish, will look into it :)
I'm sure it won't be long til they're captive bred with the recent aquaculture advancements

SaltBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the coral crouchers I buy them as bonded pairs (I'm hoping to breed them). Yasha gobies (which you can get CB) with a randal's pistol shrimp.

I have a 2 blue stripe pipefish (very recent still in quarantine) but everything I've read and seen they are easy to adapt to prepared foods so an aged tank is nice but they can sustain.

Ruby reds are pretty and stay small. Mine thrive in 30 gallons (they spawn and eat mysid).

Barnacle blennies

red spot cardinals stay small and I've read but no experience that they are peaceful, bangaii get big and can be mean.

exquisite firefish stays small

panda goby (though clown goby might not like that)

Neon/sharknose gobies have such great personalities.

Pink stripe wrasse

red stripe goby

SaltBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW how do you like your geometric hawkfish (which is actually and antias family I think). I am thinking about a pair for my other tank when I rehab it.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the suggestions , loving the barnacles blennies. Like the idea of the red spot cardinals too and the sharknose gobies are beautiful. I was thinking of a dragons for the tank so definitely will think about the ruby red.

As for the geometric pygmy Perchlet he or she is one of my favourite fish , their colours are stunning and are quite personable. Also very peaceful and didn't even touch my sexy shrimp. He was quite shy at first and took a while to become more confident , he's almost always in a noticeable position but can still be quite cryptic at times . Definitely would recommend one:)
20180317_202858.jpg
here's mine

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A colony of barnacle blennies or pike blennies.

Curious wormfish

Grammica goby

Forktail blenny.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the lined dartfish difficult to keep or are they similar to firefish and other dartfish in terms of their ability to adapt

freshy&salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive grown to love "jaque" my cleaner shrimp. Hes a basic simple everyday cleaner shrimp, red and white, but i was told having one in the tank gives the fish a 40 - 50% better chance of staying healthy. Idk if thats true but my fish havent had any issues, and watching him "matrix" walk around the tank is awesome. Plus hes super social when it comes to cleaning the tank. Hes usually on my wrist the whole time. I thought i had a pic of him but i guess i need one.
I only really got him cause i was told theyre good to have in a reef and now id be super bummed if he was gone.

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue stripped pipefish in my 32 and I love her! Would definitely recommend the blue stripe. I've had her for over a month now and is definitely the most peaceful fish in the tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back