One New fish Ecsenius Pulcher (Tiger Blenny) Introduction

John Xiang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About this fish, it was recorded in 1887, in spite of this, the literature on it is very sparse, and Aquarium keeping records are almost non-existent, and because of this it seems mysterious, and for a long time the strict ban on ornamental fishes in the Arabian region has resulted in its almost non-existent presence in ornamental fishes; according to the records that have been made, its usual distribution consists of the Western Indian Ocean, the Gulf of Oman, the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Kach. Gulf of Oman, Persian Gulf to Kutch. Several of its relatives live in this region, including the bicolor Blenny( Ecsenius bicolor); the Red Sea Mimic Blenny( Ecsenius gravieri) , which is only found in the central Red Sea, not as far south as Somalia, and not as far north as Egypt (we will have a column on this fish later on that describes the entire process of catching and keeping); Another more common species is the East African Golden Blenny, Ecsenius midas; this fish is usually imported from East Africa or the Maldives, they also have the same habit, will change color, Golden Blenny in the encounter of a sudden environmental stimulus is very easy to change from gold to brown;

Ecsenius Pulcher fish originally does not have a common name, some people according to his origin called it Gulf Blenny, also known as the Persian Gulf Golden Blenny / Persian Gulf Blenny, according to its place of origin; today we will unveil the mystery of this fish, which is a bit cute, with two small antennae protruding from the front nostrils, its head color transitions from purple-brown to bright yellow at the back of its body, and there are many black stripes or black spots in the middle of the back of its body. Some people think that we should look for the inspiration from the lines of its tail, which are similar to those of a tiger's body. or Tiger Golden Blenny, so that it looks dominant;

tigerEN.jpg tiger EN2.jpg tiger3 EN.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back