Internal parasites, or just white poop?

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a tail spot blenny for about 2 weeks now. It was the first fish in the tank, and is the only fish in the tank still. The fish will absolutely gorge itself with food, but having blennies before I know they can just be pigs. I have read that it can also be a sign of internal parasites. I have seen it poop white long poop several times. It also will take it in it's mouth and spit it out several times if it's floating. I figured it was internal parasites, and dosed food with focus and API general cure along with some vitamins. I did it for both feeding times one day, skipped a day, did it again for both feedings, waited 3 days, and did it again. I hadn't seen poop for a few days, and then today I saw this one because it was doing the eating spitting out thing, so I collected it for inspection. It just looks like a white piece of poop to me. I watched it and it doesn't move even when I put it in cold tap water. What do you all think? Internal parasites or just a poop?

poo.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say for certain, just not clear enough. It is most likely just a fecal cast. The only thing that *might* sway me from that diagnosis is the lower end has a little bit of differentiation to it - that could be the head of a worm, but I doubt it.

Take a look at my article on mucus here: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/mucus-the-slime-that-binds.793/

The PDF download link is at the right side of the page. In it, I discuss mucus feces.....

Jay

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a microscope to look more closely its just a guess.
I have a sand sifter "Amblygobius phalaena"
It has had stringy poop off and on forever both white and brown.
Treated in QT for 2 weeks and it never went away.
Its my thought that some fish poop long and some poop short.
Like people some are regular and some are not.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back