Intro to the group... from Mark's Reef

Mark'sReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
26
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I used to be in the hobby when I was 11-13 years old and just got back into it almost a year ago. Tested it out with a 24 gallon AIO and now I have 5 holding tanks, a UNS 150 reef and soon will be setting up a Crystal Dynamics 375 gallon glass tank. My passion in this hobby are the angelfish. And unlike many hobbyist, I prefer when they are very small! Of course I love the adults as well and would like to one day have a pair or two but unsuccessful so far... My two young regals are coexisting really well but will see how that goes. I will try to post a video of my gaggle of emperor angels. Seeing if any of them will tolerate each other long term / pair up. (and before anyone loses their mind that I have put multiple emperors together irresponsibly, I am monitoring them daily as I work from home...they sit on my desk... and if any aggression occurs they will be separated.) I do like corals but mostly keep simple leathers for now... mostly because my fish are not interested in them. I have a few Colorado Sunburst nems as well. It's great to have a resource like R2R. Such a wealth of information from very experienced hobbyists / industry professionals. Wishing you all the best with your reefs/fish. Regards, Mark
 

Attachments

  • Emp 4 close up.mov
    11.1 MB
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!
 
Hello reefers, I used to be in the hobby when I was 11-13 years old and just got back into it almost a year ago. Tested it out with a 24 gallon AIO and now I have 5 holding tanks, a UNS 150 reef and soon will be setting up a Crystal Dynamics 375 gallon glass tank. My passion in this hobby are the angelfish. And unlike many hobbyist, I prefer when they are very small! Of course I love the adults as well and would like to one day have a pair or two but unsuccessful so far... My two young regals are coexisting really well but will see how that goes. I will try to post a video of my gaggle of emperor angels. Seeing if any of them will tolerate each other long term / pair up. (and before anyone loses their mind that I have put multiple emperors together irresponsibly, I am monitoring them daily as I work from home...they sit on my desk... and if any aggression occurs they will be separated.) I do like corals but mostly keep simple leathers for now... mostly because my fish are not interested in them. I have a few Colorado Sunburst nems as well. It's great to have a resource like R2R. Such a wealth of information from very experienced hobbyists / industry professionals. Wishing you all the best with your reefs/fish. Regards, Mark

Hi Mark and Welcome (Back)! It sounds like you are expanding your saltwater experiences in this past year. Keep us posted.
 
Hello reefers, I used to be in the hobby when I was 11-13 years old and just got back into it almost a year ago. Tested it out with a 24 gallon AIO and now I have 5 holding tanks, a UNS 150 reef and soon will be setting up a Crystal Dynamics 375 gallon glass tank. My passion in this hobby are the angelfish. And unlike many hobbyist, I prefer when they are very small! Of course I love the adults as well and would like to one day have a pair or two but unsuccessful so far... My two young regals are coexisting really well but will see how that goes. I will try to post a video of my gaggle of emperor angels. Seeing if any of them will tolerate each other long term / pair up. (and before anyone loses their mind that I have put multiple emperors together irresponsibly, I am monitoring them daily as I work from home...they sit on my desk... and if any aggression occurs they will be separated.) I do like corals but mostly keep simple leathers for now... mostly because my fish are not interested in them. I have a few Colorado Sunburst nems as well. It's great to have a resource like R2R. Such a wealth of information from very experienced hobbyists / industry professionals. Wishing you all the best with your reefs/fish. Regards, Mark
Thanks for the nice welcome everyone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new