Introducing 2 new Fathead Anthias to existing Fathead Anthias?

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I'm trying to create a 'mini school' of Fathead Sunburst Anthias by introducing 3 of them. I'm in the process of upgrading from a 25 gallon to a 50 gallon tank as well. I currently have 1 Fathead Anthias, but I have the opportunity to pick up 2 more from my LFS next week, but I wanted to ask here to gather thoughts on if I should introduce the 2 additional Anthias into the 25 gal. The 50 gal should be ready to go in about a month.

The current Anthias has only been here in the tank about a month and is small, about 2". She was very timid and shy up until a few days ago and is now very happily swimming around with the clownfish in the open. Despite it being a 25g, there are ample cave systems and overhangs to hide under in the rear section of the tank, this is where the first Anthias spent all of her time these last few weeks.

Is 25g too small to hold 3 juvenile Fathead Anthias Sunburst temporarily? Let me know what you all think!

IMG-7092.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back