Introducing The Reef Breeders Value Fixtures!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our corals (sps,lps,softies) have been growing and coloring up great, we have been using one of these for over a month, and are seeing excellent results. (To answer a question sent via PM)

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be coming on Thursday or friday for this fixture, they readings are expected to be good, we are growing sps 24" down!

Southside_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way you guys can make a video when your getting the par readings.to show proof and help promote the item. I'm not trying to put or light down or anything because I am actually interested, it's just I can grow Sps on my sand bed wit my 1w led fixtures on my 125 that is 22 inches tall with the lights 16 inches from the water line,but I want to upgrade to the 3 watts. I had a friend that was planning on making something like this but he fell thru.

Also you mention that you upgraded the bulbs from the ones before(bridelux), which bulbs are you using now
Also what driver?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way you guys can make a video when your getting the par readings.to show proof and help promote the item. I'm not trying to put or light down or anything because I am actually interested, it's just I can grow Sps on my sand bed wit my 1w led fixtures on my 125 that is 22 inches tall with the lights 16 inches from the water line,but I want to upgrade to the 3 watts. I had a friend that was planning on making something like this but he fell thru.

Also you mention that you upgraded the bulbs from the ones before(bridelux), which bulbs are you using now
Also what driver?

They are still bridgelux, just a better bin. We can do a video I guess, we planned on a picture with the readings edited in.

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Look out for more, we have a 180 watt fixture with a built in timer and dimmer coming soon!

Any idea about when you will be coming out with these? Interested although will probably have to wait until the end of the summer for funds. Also on the reef breeders value fixture is there any way to controll the light cycle without a controller?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea about when you will be coming out with these? Interested although will probably have to wait until the end of the summer for funds. Also on the reef breeders value fixture is there any way to controll the light cycle without a controller?
They dim manually, and have 2 plugs, so you can have the blues come on first, and go off last for a dawn/dusk effect. We decided not to buy those, they were from a different manufacturer, and they cost to much to sell at the right price.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PAR readings are in and are as follows: 3" below the light-1800, 3"below the water- 600, 6"-350, 12"-280, 15"-210, 20", 165

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of now, most all of these are claimed. We are placing another order in a few hours, if you pre order and send the payment before then, we can get your light on that shipment. If not, it will be 3-4 weeks instead of 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one left coming in next week, the next shipment won't be here for another 2-3 weeks. First to pay gets it!

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The test units just came in, they are BRIGHT, we put one over a 40B and it lit the whole thing! Pics coming tonight!

Obviously an older post of yours, but do you think one would be sufficient for a 40b without losing significant light on the ends? Definitely looking in to one of these, just don't want to buy one and realize I need another.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could keep softies on the ends, and lps/sps in the middle no problem, that is just how my frag tank is set up right now (40B)

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks. With only a 4x39w fixture over my tank now, I probably won't lose much light on the ends when I switch. I'll be keeping my eye out for your next batch.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, they are all claimed. 2 have not been paid for, so I will let you know if the buyer drops out, they should be here in a week. That is the fixture I replaced on my tank, it is a little dimmer in the corners than the t5, but brighter than the t5 all around.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I made this announcement in another thread, but I would like to have it here too, we now offer these fixtures with 90 degree optics for $49 extra, those are coming in 2-3 weeks, and are going fast, so pre-order yours now!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back