Invert ID on Florida live rock.

6272862829

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
714
Location
Clarksville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this invert. It retracts into the Rock like an anemone, it never moves from its location. I never been able to see what the rest looks like only the tentacles or what ever they are. I'll see if I can grab better pictures later but the tentacles look weird almost like tree branches.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461413434.098450.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461413451.799599.jpg
 
I think you have two separate things. The big black thing appears to be a tunicate. Does the tentacles ever retract or are they always out.
 
It's a cuke feeding.
 
Last edited:
Yep if it retreats there is a filter feeding cuke in the rock. Squirt some small particle food his way every now and then if you are running a clean system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new