Inverted Ecotech Marine Battery Backup Mounting Suggestions

Clueless_Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2017
Messages
125
Reaction score
57
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard a lot of people talk about doing an inverted (upside-down) mounting for the Ecotech batteries but am wondering if anyone has made brackets to do this before? Its a great way to save space...and if you put it in a mounting bracket, you can "hot swap" them out if they die.

Ideas? Drilling is not an idea, so don't post that, its obvious.
 
I have know idea regarding these batteries and mounting or drilling but I do see that folks have not responded yet?

Hey, does anyone have a useful answer for the op's question? GL

electricity GIF
 
Appreciate it - I've spoken to installers at tank shops and it sounds like only those guys do it typically...and they fashion some wood pieces to do it. I kind of think that's ugly/lame, there's got to be a better way.

Reclaiming all that space is so clutch though.
 
Seems like nobody had cool ideas. I'm going to contact a sheet metal guy locally and see if he can't build something for me... if it works out, I'll post it and see if anyone else wants it made.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new