Inverts for a mostly Fish Only Tank

Clowning_Around72

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2018
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
659
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just redid my 60 gallon tank and replaced a tomato clown with a pair of ocellaris clowns.
So, the current stocking is:
2 ocellaris clownfish

There are no inverts in the tank since it was being kept as a FOWLR setup.

I don't have any major preferences for inverts aside from I'd like to keep the clownfish and I don't really care for trying corals in this tank.

I may add 1-2 more fish but I am quite certain I would like to use this tank to focus on some inverts that I normally would not be able to keep with coral.

Any suggestions?
 
I'm just looking for some ideas. Preferably, inverts that I otherwise wouldn't be able to keep in a reef.
 
Options may include giant hermit crabs, decorator crabs, and peacock mantis shrimp. Good luck with whatever you choose!
 
I would also like more than 1 invert and for them to be compatible with the 2 clowns. I'm not sure if I will add more fish given this tank has usually been kept lightly stocked over the years, but a few nicer inverts would work for me.

Maybe some sort of shrimp or starfish species?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new