Inverts for my Refugium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steve2020
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steve2020

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
829
Reaction score
744
Location
Woodbury
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I restarted my refugium a few weeks ago and the Chaeto is growing fast and doing its job but I am getting an abundance of hair algae in the fuge. The fuge holds 30gal of water and holds no substrate or rock. I am looking for recommendations for CUC for the fuge. I have heard Mexican Turbo's, Urchins and Sea Hare's are good for hair Algae. I prefer not to add a Sea Hare due to the toxin they can release. I also understand the blue leg hermits are also good but I am not sure if they can climb the PVC sidewalls. Can they hold onto the hair algae and climb while the eat?
Appreciate any recommendations.

 
Well unfortunately that is where the hair algae is so I guess they are out of the question.
Thanks for the info.
If the gha is in the water they can swim there, no need to climb the walls.
I assumed you were asking about escaping the fuge.
 
If the gha is in the water they can swim there, no need to climb the walls.
I assumed you were asking about escaping the fuge.
I doubt anything can escape this refugium. Fuge light is off until 7pm.
20231017_180138.jpg
20231017_180238.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new