IOAIO skimmer? Inherited one..

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I inherited a 65 or 70 gallon tank with everything including rock and coral (running system). It came with a IOAOI skimmer, which I’ve never heard of, nor can I seem to find anything on here about them besides a couple posts that never really gave any feedback.

my question is, is this even worth using? It was previously being used on this tank, but when I picked up the tank the skimmer had been removed for about a month. I do have a brand new replacement pump for it if/when it craps out. My thought is even a crappy skimmer is better than none. It’ll obviously get a bath before going in the tank..

image.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Silvas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, if you've already got it on hand (i.e. you're not spending any OOP money on it) and it's complete and in running order, then it's worth a shot to try it out and see how it works before going and spending money on a different one. I bought one to give it a try when my tank goes up. I figure yeah, maybe I waste my money, but then again maybe I get a good skimmer for cheap. Every company making stuff for this hobby started, at one point or another, with nobody having heard of them and no rep to rely on.

Aside from being made from materials that are unsafe and leach into the water, or being so badly made that it disintegrates or explodes and sends shrapnel into the water (both of which I feel would be fairly prominently mentioned on the amazon reviews for these), I can't see trying it out doing any harm. The amazon reviews overall seem mostly positive or neutral.

Jamon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works well, but it has a Sewer hose which comes out of the side of the protein collection cup that I have zero idea what to do with. And no instructions to boot, of course.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hose attaches to it.
The hose is meant to empty the cup into a receptacle so you don't have to clean it so often.
BUT, a clean neck works best. So it's a trade off.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back