Iodine + KCL dip

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
2,365
Reaction score
6,292
Location
burbank,Il
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone tried this combination as a dip before?


  • 1 gram KCL per 100 MLs
  • 3 drops Lugols solution per 100 MLs
  • 1-3 minute rinse depending on species

I've had some positive anecdotes using this combination in regards to addressing stn/decreased PE. Was wondering if anyone else has tried it before. Would be cool to know!
 
SOmeone recently posted that they did KCL in RODI and I just want to ask / clarify 100mls of saltwater, or ? :cool:
 
This is added to a saltwater solution.

You can easily keep a super saturated stock solution of KCL that you can use as a dip.
Yup, that is what i do. Just wanted to cover that this dip formula is for adding to mixed saltwater, not RODI. I use is as a coral dip, 5 minutes or so but I have not been using iodine, KCl only.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new