IP Camera for Monitoring Tank

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a Foscam FI9826W IP Camera for the last few years to monitor my tanks. Unfortunately the camera seems to no longer be receiving manufacturer updates. And the necessary plugin now only works in IE, chrome and firefox have ceased support for that type of plugin.

Just curious if anyone has suggestions. I need a camera that can zoom at least 2-3x optical zoom because it sits on a shelf about 12 feet from the tank. Ideally I would like it to be compatible with Apex Fusion's dashboard, the foscam never worked well. Pan/Tilt would also be useful to enable turning the camera to see another tank in the next room over.

Thanks for any advise

Paulo R Oliveira

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I got one IP camera and I am happy with it

General Micro tank view

11f4056bfae8c30a224399ba473ccc93.jpg

And digital zoom

bc3bb06a35a469d2affbc9b682110a6b.jpg

Just made screen shots of my Phone with its app

It makes pan tilt too. With the 5 pre set positions u can program it goes fast

But if u want u can do it manually

Tank was changing from day light to blue light

Paulo R Oliveira

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are other brands with same camera :) I guess all from
China
Is a cheap model too
I got it from Amazon UK

OP
OP
I

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't expect anyone to have opinions related to either of these cameras. I just wanted to link to the couple of options I found that at least from my initial looking around on Amazon seem to be the best bets, at least for under $100. There is another option for around $170.

I have no clue if these cameras will work well with Fusion. But that is also the least important factor to me. Optical zoom, image quality and pan/tilt were the biggest factors. I'm still researching to determine which one will be my replacement. Or maybe I will decide to buy a couple of cameras test them out and return the ones that dont make the cut.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'd still love to hear them. Otherwise I'll try to remember to update this whenever I make a decision.

Wireless
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LS71KNO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22EYB2OIILVQA

No Wifi
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4BKJOK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22EYB2OIILVQA

$170 option - Better zoom - NO WIFI
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCF524S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A308819DRWQNS6

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back