Is 4 bulbs t5 Enough Light For A Maxima Clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reed639
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
803
Reaction score
2
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I have a 4 bulb t5 light fixture and I was wondering can I keep a maxima clam.
I want to know because they have this beutiful B&W maxima clam for $60.

Thanks,
Reed
 
Ive kept maximas under 2 bulb fixtures in aio tanks, I also had them under a 4 bulb fixture and now under led's. More than just lighting too keep them happy and growing but you can definetly keep them under that. If you have issues try and keep it higher in the tank =)
 
Sorry For The Late Reply It my local reef store here in missouri. Yes the light has individual reflectors. its a nova extreme pro
 
I would say the lighting would be fine, depending on the depth of the clam in the tank. If the clam is 30" deep, you might not have long term success with that lighting. You would have better luck with a 20" tank, for example.
 
Yep, if I remember correctly you have a 20 or 29g and you should be good to go, just keep it up on the rocks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new