Is a “soft reset” possible?

tegeulsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’ve been experiencing a lot of ongoing issues in my tank regarding LPS, parameters have all been fairly consistent, the issues I had were Euphyllia eating flat worms, then a spout of BJD, and then I got regular flat worms.

I want to “soft reset” my tank but I’d hate to lose the good stuff that’s going and need to completely start over. Any recommendations on what I can use/do to get rid of the bad and restart with the good?

IMG_1596.jpeg

OP
OP
T

tegeulsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why can't you move forward from where you are now instead?
That’s the goal, if you read the second portion of the post I was hoping that maybe someone might recommend where to go from here to ensure these problems don’t come back after my current losses.

The picture above is from right before my BJD issues appeared, the tank has unfortunately gone to the brink of complete failure at this point with anything that was not obviously infected being removed.

Now all the problems are gone, but I’m unsure if my media is safe or the rock for future use for that matter

Upvote 0

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that multiple species of bacteria and protozoans have been implicated in BJD outbreaks, and I'm not sure that starting over with new aquascape would do little else than destabilize your tank in other ways.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back