Stocking

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 stocked with a pair of clownfish that are about 3 inches each. My clean up crew consists of a tuxedo urchin and 3 blue legged hermit crabs. This tank also has lps and soft coral and a BTA. I’m looking to add a third fish like a blenny or a goby. I have a decent amount worms so is it possible to fit one of their predators in this tank? If not, which fish could I add? I’m also looking to get a detritus eating invert to eat any leftover food and fish poop. I’m thinking of either getting a strawberry/tiger conch or a cleaner shrimp. My main concern with the shrimp is that it might hurt my coral during their feeding and my main concern with the conch is that it might starve. I don’t know if my urchin is all good with food because I don’t have any algae growing on rocks and I only have some pretty stubborn algae on the glass. I’d rather have the conch over the shrimp though since it’ll help keep the sand bed clean.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will go after and probably kill any other fish you try to add to your nano tank. Get a few Tongan nacarius snails to clean left over food detritus off your sand.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back