Is a foxface in a 90g ethical?

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my job (LFS) order me a 2” one spot foxface which was supposed to arrive at the shop today, but he wasn’t in the order when it got there. Now I’m second guessing myself, thinking about if this species is ethical to keep in my tank. It’s a 90g mixed reef with quite a bit of rock:

20260320_200643_1047C8B5-C9D9-43B8-A839-D50B944FBAF5.png


I know the max size is 8” so if he gets to be that size I’ll put him into the 300g display at work, but my question is:

Is it ethical to keep him in my tank even if he’s significantly smaller than that currently?
 
If you already have a suitably sized tank, and it’s not just “planning to,” it is perfectly ethical to keep a young fish in a grow out tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new