Is a wavemaker needed?

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm soon staring a saltwater tank, 20 gallons with no coral, and I was curious do you need a wave maker if there's no coral. Are there any fish that don't need a wavemaker?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you ensure that you set up your tank and the habitat to the livestock you want to keep :)

Decide on what you want to keep in your tank and think of any required equipment after that.

OP
OP
Ghostyboythedog

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you ensure that you set up your tank and the habitat to the livestock you want to keep :)

Decide on what you want to keep in your tank and think of any required equipment after that.
I was thinking of Clownfish maybe a royal gramma or something like that.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a sufficently powerful return pump i say you can get away with just that!

Alot of people use wavemakers in FOWLR (fish only with live rock) to help keep detritus and fish waste suspended so it can be filtered out by whatever filter media you use!

But really its up to you!

OP
OP
Ghostyboythedog

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a sufficently powerful return pump i say you can get away with just that!

Alot of people use wavemakers in FOWLR (fish only with live rock) to help keep detritus and fish waste suspended so it can be filtered out by whatever filter media you use!

But really its up to you!
Thank you so much for help!!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back