Is an ORP probe really all that useful?

I’ve only had my apex since Xmas (Older UK style as we don’t have the new one yet...looks unlikely we will either) and my orp this morning got up and over 450.

841580EB-9A5B-4B98-8798-DCAC78854CDB.png
I would not worry about it unless your running Ozone. If that is the case, I would shut it off.
 
I know it's an old thread but for me its a good indicator for nutrients. when it starts to fall I need to check and then usually either raise my phos, nitrate or usually both. Lot easier to look at Apex than to do tests. Just hope Apex doesn't fail me!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new