Is Cheeto eating enough?

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please take a look at my most recent post on my build thread found HERE. My clown looks happy and active, but I'm concerned he's too thin. I don't want to over feed but am looking for a healthy balance.

Any and all feedback is welcomed.
Please and thank you!

Gaspare.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can feed a much as you want assuming you are not causing ammonia, or nitrate/phosphate levels that are too high. If your system can process/remove the extra nutrients then add as much food as you want. I usually feed my fish 2 or 3 times a day as much food as they can eat in several minutes.

I agree your clown looks thin. Does he eat well when you feed?

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can feed a much as you want assuming you are not causing ammonia, or nitrate/phosphate levels that are too high. If your system can process/remove the extra nutrients then add as much food as you want. I usually feed my fish 2 or 3 times a day as much food as they can eat in several minutes.

I agree your clown looks thin. Does he eat well when you feed?
Thank you so much for the reply. He seems to chase the mysis and eat some of the smaller pieces. I think the mysis is too large for him.

The larger CD he chews and spits out the whole pellet... perhaps too had for him. I will try soaking one first.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from TDO-C2 Chroma BOOST, which is similar to CD (if not the same) I also feed my clownfish frozen mysis, as well as LRS Fertility Frenzy. In your case, you can go with LRS Reef Frenzy or Fish Frenzy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back