Is fish Two different color eyes a problem

Texasfishkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
6
Location
texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a green spotted puffer transitioned to full marine, and he’s been doin great. Diet and everything is perfect. This morning I realized his eyes were two different colors and idk why. Ik puffers change colors but I didn’t know their eyes did. Is this a problem I should worry about?

A6AE5966-547E-47E0-95AD-2CA3CBD5D8E0.jpeg
 
Could just be dichromism like we see in Huskies but could be a blindness thing. If he’s eating okay and you can’t see any parasites in the eye then he’s alright and just special :)
 
Could just be dichromism like we see in Huskies but could be a blindness thing. If he’s eating okay and you can’t see any parasites in the eye then he’s alright and just special :)
I dont see anything in the eye, and it seems as if he can still see outve the eye because he goes with the discolored eye to the glass so I don’t know
 
I dont see anything in the eye, and it seems as if he can still see outve the eye because he goes with the discolored eye to the glass so I don’t know
When he passes the glass try moving you hand quickly to spook him. If he spooks, he’s not blind, if he doesn’t react he may be blind and will need more testing :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new