Is he confused?

rainbow_yoshi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Messages
63
Reaction score
50
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this guy for a couple of months. I have NEVER seen him this far from his cave (he has a Goby). Is this normal? It looks like he’s burrowing into the substrate or trying to. His home is on the other side of the tank with the goby still watching out. (Yes he’s alive for sure :D)

EDIT: I think I may see what happened. The starfish slid in and took over his cave. The Goby is in a new cave but the shrimp is just doing this. I hope he finds his way over to the new cave :(

Edit 2: sorry to keep adding. The goby has found him. I’m hoping the shrimp goes into the cave soon…..
IMG_0048.jpeg


IMG_0049.jpeg
IMG_0050.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Mine has done this before. He wandered around the tank one day because his old den was blocked by a turbo snail that didn’t want to move.

He was out in the open for a little while but the next morning he’d dug himself a new cave.

Just keep any eye out to make sure no fish pick on him and he should settle in soon.

Sometimes they get a little confused.
 
Mine never did that. It’s odd because it is right in the middle of the sand with no protection. It might not be doing well.
I know I’ve never seen him do this either. I know they don’t have good sight and such so I just hope he can find his way back. He is so far away
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new