Is her mouth OK? Dragon face pipe fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter MWrasse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MWrasse

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image-png.1773273974

she is actively hunting. It just seems like she can’t fully close her mouth. I see that she is chewing, but her mouth is never fully closed.
 
Is she actively pecking pods?
Not sure what your seeing.
 
Is she actively pecking pods?
Not sure what your seeing.
Yes, she is actively hunting. It just seems like she can’t fully close her mouth. I see that she is chewing, but her mouth is never fully closed.
 
Yes, she is actively hunting. It just seems like she can’t fully close her mouth. I see that she is chewing, but her mouth is never fully closed.
Can’t see that on the video on my end.
 
Yes, she is actively hunting. It just seems like she can’t fully close her mouth. I see that she is chewing, but her mouth is never fully closed.
Can’t see that on the video on my end.
Maybe I’m being paranoid! Here is a still photo of how she carries her mouth normally
20260311_191354_B2C1E6D7-767D-4385-9610-EBC36221FAA5.png
 
I’d go with paranoid.

I can’t see the difference between the video and the still.

Maybe I’m missing something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new