Is it a goner? Fragged toadstool 1 day in

ocellarisoasis

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2023
Messages
49
Reaction score
23
Location
Buffalo
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired this toadstool frag yesterday. It was on a heavy, dense rock that I didn’t want to put in my tank so I cut the bottoms with a fresh razor. My first time fragging a toadstool so pretty nervous it’s toast. All my parameters are stable (0 amm, 0 nit, 5 nitrate 1.025 salinity). Should I turn flow off?
image.jpg
 
I think you’re fine if it’s freshly fragged the get. A little grumpy for a day or 2. Leather corals are really resilient
 
Looks all right. I wouldn't suggest fragging a coral on day 1of being in the tank, but this one looks fine.
Ok thanks, I wasn’t sure if it was better to just remove it off the other rock before putting it in or wait a little. Noted
 
In think 1 day is too soon to tell what the verdict will be but he looks ok to me. Give him some time.
 
I use rubber bands and even toothpicks all the time.......Haven't had an issue to date...and super glue doesn't work so good on softies

Glue them out of water. Once I soak my plugs I put a dab of superglue on them and wait about thirty seconds and drop coral on top. Leave them out of the water 2-3 minutes. Never had a problem with this method with zoas, toadstools, riccordia, or mushrooms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new