OP
Douglas Wattier

Douglas Wattier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running carbon in a reactor, and i did a water change this morning. This is my first wounded nem, and my first instinct wasn't a hospital tank. After all my research once i got things together and the nem placed I see that a ht would be a good option. If he tries to relocate again i will definitely move him to another tank. He he is currently, fresh pic. My first nem didn't help me out at all in this situation, he loved where i placed him from the get go and has been great. I did watch a ton of videos on prepping for nems, which is why i had the foam cover for the powerhead.

update.JPG

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness you had carbon going and a foam cover so good job there. Make sure you read through my thread I posted about watching mine acclimate and what I look for. Yours is super seriously close to where I would have pulled it. At minimum into a HT with heavy carbon similar to a tank people use after propagating. I'm assuming you don't have any Cipro on hand? read the sticky in this forum on that if you haven't. If it starts to look any worse at all I would pull it ASAP Can't tell if mouth is just stretched or damaged, but if damaged not good.

OP
OP
Douglas Wattier

Douglas Wattier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness you had carbon going and a foam cover so good job there. Make sure you read through my thread I posted about watching mine acclimate and what I look for. Yours is super seriously close to where I would have pulled it. At minimum into a HT with heavy carbon similar to a tank people use after propagating. I'm assuming you don't have any Cipro on hand? read the sticky in this forum on that if you haven't. If it starts to look any worse at all I would pull it ASAP Can't tell if mouth is just stretched or damaged, but if damaged not good.

No, i don't have any cipro. I read through your thread earlier, how would you pull the nem out of the tank without hurting it anymore? Im afraid to aggravate it anymore. I just checked on him again and his mouth is looking a little more closed and firm. I turned the flow down to about 40% for overnight. I'm hoping he stays where his at. I may end up getting up through out the night just to check haha.

OP
OP
Douglas Wattier

Douglas Wattier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture I just took, His body has seemed to shrink up some, not sure if thats good or not and his mouth isn't completely closed yet.

nem.JPG

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting really really close to needing to pull him and at least put him in a stable QT. He never really had much of a chance to get adjusted to your system, walked into a power head. Now appears to be retreating into the rock.

I hate to say it man but things don't exactly appear to be getting better. Watch it close tonight. I would get a QT going ASAP just in case.

OP
OP
Douglas Wattier

Douglas Wattier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting really really close to needing to pull him and at least put him in a stable QT. He never really had much of a chance to get adjusted to your system, walked into a power head. Now appears to be retreating into the rock.

I hate to say it man but things don't exactly appear to be getting better. Watch it close tonight. I would get a QT going ASAP just in case.
You mentioned using an ice cube against the foot to get him out of the tank, he's in the rock pretty well.. is there another way?

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pull him and do an emergency 20-50% water change to your main display as quickly as possible IMO.

Jk120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rbta just started doing the same thing....
What % are you running your lights. Please do not pull that nem. It is retreating into the rockwork trying to get away from the light. As far as worrying about its mouth and the redish brown stuff its poop or its releasing zooxanthellae from to much light. I don't know why anyone would be concerned about its mouth being stretched or torn. You can take a razor and cut that nem right through its mouth and you would just end up with 2 anemone..

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back