Is it normal for green BTAs to hideout in undisclosed locations? Lol!

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rose BTA likes crevices but never tucked itself away. As soon as I put my green BTA in the tank it was on the move like the fast and the furious. Now it’s hiding out in the back of the rock on the sand. I thought this was out of character for anemones being that they typically like light. Does anyone else have a green bta or any anemone for that matter that is hiding out in a dark location and/or on the sandbed?

F761BE5C-C7C6-49FF-A25D-528C8041F0AA.jpeg F5273F08-1CBD-4C46-B9C9-8295BD038DE6.jpeg

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, especially when they have been recently added. They are often times just trying to adjust to their new environment (tank parameters, lighting, flow, etc). Just give him some time, I've had many nems do this and then just come back out a couple weeks later once adjusted. Both are nice looking nems too!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, especially when they have been recently added. They are often times just trying to adjust to their new environment (tank parameters, lighting, flow, etc). Just give him some time, I've had many nems do this and then just come back out a couple weeks later once adjusted. Both are nice looking nems too!
Awesome, this is good to know! I had no idea. It was interesting, because as soon as I placed the little guy he started to move expeditiously. Lol! Thx!

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back