OP
jimo12

jimo12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, and happy holidays to all. This is my new clam i had him for a weak, first 3 days all was well then on the 4 day i found him on the sand i do have it glued on a rock, i placed him back again an since then hasent opend and yesterday hid thoes stuff coming out. Their are no snails are fish to bother him their was a hermit crab that was climbing on him so i took him out, what do you think?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference I'd also not move them once they're naturally attached. Tearing the fibers is usually a death sentence.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another idea before you purchase another. Make sure you find the biggest one you can as in t.maxima, or squamosa. When they're smaller, they're harder to keep. Constant feeding and all.

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another idea before you purchase another. Make sure you find the biggest one you can as in t.maxima, or squamosa. When they're smaller, they're harder to keep. Constant feeding and all.

anything less than 4 inches will need that constant feeding and care.

These are actually all myths. Clams of all sizes have enough zoanthale in their mantles to supply them with enough nutrients. Just because they are smaller does not mean that they need more care or feeding. In fact, I have kept numerous clams over the years of all sizes and never feed them once. As long as you have fish in the tank and they are getting fed, you will be fine. Fish produce waste, as does any uneaten fish food, that the clams will readily absorb. Here is a link to an article discussing such.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/7/inverts

OP
OP
jimo12

jimo12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone for the replys, so should i take it out? Or is their one in a million? Does tha mandal grow back?

OP
OP
jimo12

jimo12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4x59w t5 ati bulbs, and my parameters are pretty good maybe a little high ph 8,6 and nitrates around 25 or 50 thoes salifert test are very tricky

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are actually all myths. Clams of all sizes have enough zoanthale in their mantles to supply them with enough nutrients. Just because they are smaller does not mean that they need more care or feeding. In fact, I have kept numerous clams over the years of all sizes and never feed them once. As long as you have fish in the tank and they are getting fed, you will be fine. Fish produce waste, as does any uneaten fish food, that the clams will readily absorb. Here is a link to an article discussing such.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/7/inverts

Hey, thanks for the evidence!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back