Is it possible to have too much flow??

ReefAddict34g

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Cary, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a 34g solana, recently I've been blasting my two mp10s around 85%, neither pointing directly at any coral but Ive noticed that polyp extensions are few and far between but always heard that the more flow the better. Any input?
 
I would venture to say to much flow can be a issue. Not saying that IS the case here though. Everything in moderation and just right, and things start to mature and improve.

Two powerheads at 85% move a lot of water. The turbulence inside the tank you don't really see may be upsetting the polyps.
 
What type of coral are we talking about? I don't think that is too much flow at all. But I love flow!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new