Is it the responsibility of the buyer to ensure the coral is secured to the frag prior to tank introduction?

Nikorad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay maybe this sounds stupid, and maybe I’m venting, but here’s what happened.

I bought a true blue Xenia frag from corals.com, it was not wysiwyg. The piece of Xenia was the smallest coral bit I’ve ever received, smaller than a berghia nudi. I dipped all my corals, turn my pumps off and put my new corals in my tank. I go to the back to turn my pumps on, I come back and the Xenia is gone. No idea where it went. I looked as much as I could without ripping up my tank.

I’m upset because
A. The frag it was on was pretty much pointless
B. The amount of coral I bought for $70 was small enough to disappear in seconds.

Am I wrong to feel screwed here, or do I just accept the loss and move on?

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question -- did you contact the vendor?
*they'd likely take responsibility and credit you,,, no process is perfect and established vendors accept that,,, just guessing as I don't buy corals online so no real experience

OP
OP
Nikorad

Nikorad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question -- did you contact the vendor?
*they'd likely take responsibility and credit you,,, but I'm just guessing as I don't buy corals online so no real experience
I haven’t, yet. I guess that’s why I’m making this post. I usually don’t do those types of things, and want to make sure what I am asking is an appropriate thing to request.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t, yet. I guess that’s why I’m making this post. I usually don’t do those types of things, and want to make sure what I am asking is an appropriate thing to request.
If I were the vendor/seller (which I'm not, obviously), my preference would be to have the opportunity to work with a dissatisfied customer first.

...so, seems VERY appropriate to me

kindafun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with those above. Most of these online coral vendors are very small businesses, and generous in customer satisfaction.

OP
OP
Nikorad

Nikorad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with those above. Most of these online coral vendors are very small businesses, and generous in customer satisfaction.
Appreciate the responses, I will reach out to the vendor and see what they say. Hopefully this will workout, thanks fish friends

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well at least you didn't pay $100 for a Orange mushroom that was photoshopped yellow with red stripes and sold as a jawbreaker. I swear half of these people here selling coral are photographers with $10 frags. Lol

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact the seller! And unfortunately despite the best glue and best practices some coral will wander and/or fall off plugs and there‘s nothing you can do to prevent this especially with mushrooms.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back