Is it worth it? Aquatop 40

Russelm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I was about to push the purchase button on a red sea nano peninsula 26 gal when I ran across an aquatop recife eco 40 for 662.99 and a 24 gal for $441.99. Both tanks game with everything including a stand. I was wondering if this is a reasonable price, is it worth it, any bad experience? It seems like a good deal considering the money I could save could go towards some equipment. Thoughts and pros and cons are welcome. Thanks and excited to dive right into this hobby

Matt

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
bigger = generally better. if you have the funds, go with the bigger tank so you can have more total water volume. maintenance would be easier and the swings would be lower

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I was about to push the purchase button on a red sea nano peninsula 26 gal when I ran across an aquatop recife eco 40 for 662.99 and a 24 gal for $441.99. Both tanks game with everything including a stand. I was wondering if this is a reasonable price, is it worth it, any bad experience? It seems like a good deal considering the money I could save could go towards some equipment. Thoughts and pros and cons are welcome. Thanks and excited to dive right into this hobby

Matt
Did you make the final decision yet? $663 is a steal for that!

All the equipment is garbage but it got me started while I learn the hobby. I have had mine for 3 months and have replaced the light and the return pump so far. Thinking ATO and Dosing pump will be next before I replace the very loud skimmer.

For the price of the same size red sea you can fill it with water sand rock fish and new (reasonable) equipment.

Oh and if you buy it replace the bulkhead first before filling with water.

OP
OP
Russelm

Russelm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All the equipment is garbage but it got me started while I learn the hobby. I have had mine for 3 months and have replaced the light and the return pump so far. Thinking ATO and Dosing pump will be next before I replace the very loud skimmer.

For the price of the same size red sea you can fill it with water sand rock fish and new (reasonable) equipment.

Matt,
Didnt buy it yet! still just doing my research and looking at other tanks around that price range. I want the tank to last a while so looking for possibly a higher quality build for a few more dollars

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,
Didnt buy it yet! still just doing my research and looking at other tanks around that price range. I want the tank to last a while so looking for possibly a higher quality build for a few more dollars
Biggest thing is knowing what kind of fish you want first as that is the biggest factor for size. Wish I had gone big enough for a bristletooth tang. Maybe in the future.

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,
Go for it. I paid $1,000.00 for mine but it was already assembled and they delivered. It was a no-brainer for me.

ReelDillon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What return pump did you go with? I didn't drill my bulkhead before filling, but I feel like it might be worth the effort to drain it down and do it now while I upgrade the pump.

jeffpopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded from the Recife 40. It was a good tank, but I replaced almost everything. Had a Sicce pump, JBJ skimmer, Tunze ATO, Nero 3 wavemaker, and Red Sea 90 light. I just upgraded to the Red Sea Reefer 200. I agree bigger is better. When I upgraded, I wish I could have gone bigger but couldn't justify the cost.

Kerr87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Recently got in the saltwater hobby and looking to upgrade this tank which light and return pump did you upgrade too.

Thanks,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back