Is Jason Fox Minecraft Mushroom a bounce?

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure after lots of research we did figure it is a st tomas
[/QUOTE
So did the thing ever bounce ? Because i swear it sure looks like it wants to. This was a hitchhiker on some rock when i bought another guys system. I wish i could figure out how to get it off the rock because i do not need 6 lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it didn't bounce just crazy lighting bolt shaped vesicles all over it. Coolest shroom I had and I have alot of collector bounces now.
Unfortunately it melted when I tried to cut it. Still have the original trying to nurse it back to health now.
Here's a better pic before I cut it.
20200518_175435.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, hope It recovers. When you frag it did you cut thru the mouth

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, hope It recovers. When you frag it did you cut thru the mouth
Yes right through mouth and foot right down middle. It was still healing when I had my Nitrate overdose it had to be it.
Sorry about last picture it was blurry and didn't do her any justice.
Here's a better one.
IMG_20200612_201109_482.jpg

Compared to Og bounce i still think minecraft is a better piece.
20200806_143531.jpg

Hope she recovers as well. I did dip her a few times in cipro bath and she hasn't gotten any worse.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it counts as a bounce, if barely. I'll tell you why.
Rhodactis indosinensis (which is what the minecraft is) bounces in a completely different way than the bullseye and rough Rhods that you typically see on the market. Instead of growing fat and round, they actually grow longer and branchier when they bounce, leading to the kind of lightning bolt shape you have described. normal indosinensis have the same basic structure, but the tentacles are generally thinner overall. The minecraft is absolutely nothing crazy vesicle-wise, while I have seen indosisensis that look almost like a rainbow anemone before.
I would love to add something similar to this to my collection, my LFS had some last time I went (over a month ago).

{also side note, you're mention of me in post #2 broke somehow, I only saw it when I clicked the thread out of curiosity. Weird, huh?}

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it counts as a bounce, if barely. I'll tell you why.
Rhodactis indosinensis (which is what the minecraft is) bounces in a completely different way than the bullseye and rough Rhods that you typically see on the market. Instead of growing fat and round, they actually grow longer and branchier when they bounce, leading to the kind of lightning bolt shape you have described. normal indosinensis have the same basic structure, but the tentacles are generally thinner overall. The minecraft is absolutely nothing crazy vesicle-wise, while I have seen indosisensis that look almost like a rainbow anemone before.
I would love to add something similar to this to my collection, my LFS had some last time I went (over a month ago).

{also side note, you're mention of me in post #2 broke somehow, I only saw it when I clicked the thread out of curiosity. Weird, huh?}
Yes I have missed times reefers tag me as well as some updates of watched threads.
I am of the same mind it could be classified as a bounce.
I would have to chalk the unusual bounciness of the tentacles up to bounce version. I've seen alot of st tomas with similar just not the crazy unusually wierd, fat structured bouncy tentacles it has.
I like to show this piece alot as for what it is its very fairly priced and probably the nicest shroom he has to offer.
Here's my magic carpet/fire bounce starting to get similarly shaped tentacles now that's its getting healthy again.
If magic carpet is considered a bounce than minecraft should most definitely be considered as well.
20200821_170728.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll leave this pic here. Here she is awhile back when i started cipro thread....
Of all shrooms I counted as gonners this was the one. Totally melting. Ghost white and pieces falling off.
I just threw it in with the rest of the shrooms for baths because I could.
Here she was before.

20200827_191516.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't sure where to post this and cant find much info on it.
Is it considered a bounce? No bubbles just long almost lightning bolt like bouncy tentacles ...

IMG_197470708_062653.jpg
Yes it’s a bounce :). I can’t believe I hadn’t seen this post before. I love that thing!!! Two I there way sir hoping they are nice sized beasties like yours!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't sure where to post this and cant find much info on it.
Is it considered a bounce? No bubbles just long almost lightning bolt like bouncy tentacles ...

IMG_197470708_062653.jpg
I have 2 of these, didn't know what they were

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see them @Sleeping Giant :)

@BighohoReef I think your going to be pleasantly surprised:) I know you have some gems on the reef but don't be surprised at all if this one outshines them. I know I'm a little biased here seeing how she came back from dead for me and everything but still it always kind of has been my favorite since I got her:D
Would be cool if you got a monster.
This picture is probably my favorite. As the beast matured she started getting this super green toxic melty look to her and hoping my survivor gets back to that state:)
Also an updated pic of her now next to CB Radioactive. The Radioactive is starting to get some nice color but you can see what im talking about with Mincraft sitting next to it;)
20210316_125821.jpg

Crazy Melty look before I cut her:)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT when it gets in on Wednesday it’s gonna be like waking up on xmas morning:)
excited peter griffin GIF by HULU

Glad that the baby “bounced” back. Like I said Brotha one of the main reasons I got the mushroom bug.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see them @Sleeping Giant :)

@BighohoReef I think your going to be pleasantly surprised:) I know you have some gems on the reef but don't be surprised at all if this one outshines them. I know I'm a little biased here seeing how she came back from dead for me and everything but still it always kind of has been my favorite since I got her:D
Would be cool if you got a monster.
This picture is probably my favorite. As the beast matured she started getting this super green toxic melty look to her and hoping my survivor gets back to that state:)
Also an updated pic of her now next to CB Radioactive. The Radioactive is starting to get some nice color but you can see what im talking about with Mincraft sitting next to it;)
20210316_125821.jpg

Crazy Melty look before I cut her:)
Here's mine, 2 together. Mid height in the tank, I was thinking of lowering them, might make the Sully colour pop more.
IMG_20210322_132107.jpg
IMG_20210322_132126.jpg
IMG_20210322_132155.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back