• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Is Live Aquaria not as good as it was?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently ordered a cleaner shrimp and Ritteri Anemone from LA. When the box came it was missing the anemone and the shrimp was DOA. The heating pack was there and appeared to be working and my only guess is that it may have overheated the water. It's my very first shipment death from LA.
I called them only to find out that the nem was put on backorder for an unknown reason. I was not notified of the backorder delay. Had I known, I would have held the entire order so I could get them all at once.
Today, I get an email saying that another UPS package is on the way. I suspect it's the nem since I was credited for the shrimp. Again, I was not notified. I know things can happen but it's still quite frustrating w/the lack of communication and seems unlike them.

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good experiences through divers den. I can’t speak for the regular live aquaria though, I’ve always ordered DD.

Orm Embar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a pink streaked wrasse from them about a week ago. No problems, fish was packed well and survived the trip just fine so far. That's my only experience, though

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a timely email from them with every transaction and tracking information on every purchase. If I an item does not make it through shipping they have always honored their guarantee. Seems like your order was got all discombobulated.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am pretty happy overall with my experiences with liveaquaria.
But like any big company the wheels can fall off once in awhile.
If you are unhappy with the way everything has turned out, call them and let them know.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since Petco took over LA I heard it hasn't been the same. DD is separate from them and I've had no complaints.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They’re certainly better than NYAquatic’s!
I made two purchases at the same time, so I can tell you with certainty that whatever comes out of Rhinelander is top notch.
Kevin knows what he’s doing up there!
Can’t say the same for nya...
It’s true that Liveaquaria can be hit or miss, but regardless, their return/refund process is professional and trustworthy.

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orders through Live Aquaria have been excellent. Would not hesitate to use again. But I'm sure things can and will happen with the shear numbers of orders that they fill. Hopefully your nem will be fantastic. Let us know!

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some SPS and was disappointed that 3 of 4 were dead. Customers service was EXCELLENT. So I order again and receive larger than normal frags. So It either a hit and miss.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back