Is my ato running a lot?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the redsea ato, i can track how many times it runs, my tank is a 150G. For example today, it tan every hour. My basement have no heating system so it gets cold 64F vs the tank 77F. And humidity is 34%. Is that normal? I have no leaks i checked. But wheres the water going

IMG_9336.png
 
Have you checked your salinity?
 
I run .3-.4 gallons per day and keep my salinity pretty consistent between 1.025/026.
48 gallon TTV. My room temp is 65 degrees with 30-40% humidity.

Seems about right to me for 150 gallons.
 
I have a 112gallon, 143 system. ATO in winter is about 1.25 gallons a day so if anything your consumption is a bit low probably due to the low ambient
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new