Is my black sea cucumber ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaBadBoyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DaBadBoyz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hong Kong
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added this black cucumber about a month and a half ago. The shop told me it was a sand shift bit it haven't been down on the sand at all but it has been moving around the top of the tank. I thought as long as it healthy it is ok, but recently there seem to be some white mucus around it. is it ok? should i remove it?
IMG_20250515_095832.jpg
 
Last edited:
If it were my system I would return the cucumber to the LFS.
 
I am in Hong Kong, they don't accept return here. So i can either leave it there or give it up.
 
Hard to judge size in the image but I have seen plenty of black cucumbers in the wild, they are not small. If that cucumber dies it could possibly crash your system if you don't catch it in time.
 
Yeah, while there are some crazy good benefits to cucumbers in our tanks, I simply can't get past how destructive they can become if something bad happens to them.

I would look locally for someone who wants to take on that risk if you do not.
 
It doesn't move around much for days but haven't found anyone who want to take him in.
 
I have a one that just split. Had him for 4 years. They move around quite a bit all over the tank including climbing the walls. Give it time to settle in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new