Is my BTA dying?

Lukielight

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2020
Messages
312
Reaction score
321
Location
Central Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last week my I caught my emerald crab ripping the tentacles off of my RBTA. Since then it closed up and hid in a crack for a while. Now it's out and the body inflates, but no tentacles and most of its color is dark. Is it dying?
20200430_223513.jpg
20200430_223521.jpg
20200430_223518.jpg
20200430_223503.jpg
 
Yes, but it can recover. I had a bta do exactly that and turn all black but came back after a while. If it releases from its rock then I’d take it out.
 
Yes, but it can recover. I had a bta do exactly that and turn all black but came back after a while. If it releases from its rock then I’d take it out.
Well that's good news atleast. I was hopeful when it started inflating again but then saw it was all black around the mouth and where the tentacles should be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new