Is my bubble coral ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bensoo00
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bensoo00

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2023
Messages
236
Reaction score
53
Location
Blue Bell
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The fella is inflating ok but i am unsure what those brown parts are on the skeleton. Also one or two bubbles have tears but I presume it was like that when I received it. I did not dip it and drip acclimated it for around 15 minutes in tank water. Any thoughts?

I have no very accurate tests but here are my parameters:

Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate < 5ppm but greater than 0 ppm
Ammonia < 0.02
PO4 < 0.25 but greater than 0
Calcium between 450-550 ppm
Hardness - i use test strips for this one but my water is generally very hard
 
Any recommendations?


I'm colorblind so my needs are a bit different but these are good

Alk: red sea pro, salifert, and Hanna (I use red sea pro alk test)


Calcium: I use red sea but saliferts is cheap.


Magnesium: personal preference and accuracy isn't too important. I use red sea but the Hanna looks nice. Salifert works.


Phosphate: Hanna ulr phosphorus or ulr phosphate. Most phosphate kits are really difficult to read at low levels


Nitrate: I like the Hanna hr but lots of options work. Exact values are not as important unless you get very very low on nitrate.
 
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The fella is inflating ok but i am unsure what those brown parts are on the skeleton. Also one or two bubbles have tears but I presume it was like that when I received it. I did not dip it and drip acclimated it for around 15 minutes in tank water. Any thoughts?

I have no very accurate tests but here are my parameters:

Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate < 5ppm but greater than 0 ppm
Ammonia < 0.02
PO4 < 0.25 but greater than 0
Calcium between 450-550 ppm
Hardness - i use test strips for this one but my water is generally very hard
Looks healthy. Feed it mysis shrimp in lieu of powdered foods
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new