Is my carpet anemone dead?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Exus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Exus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
101
Reaction score
15
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My carpet anemone has been unwell for about 2 months now and the last couple of days it start moving around the tank. Today, I saw it flipped upside down. When I flipped it over, it looks as though a whole bunch of guts came out.

I've put in some activated carbon and wish to hear from you guys before I do anything else.

Can he recover? I didn't notice any unusual smells from the water and the fish and cleanup crew haven't started picking at it.

1000011823.jpg


Update: it moved, not sure if it's due to flow or by itself.
1000011825.jpg
 
The most surefire way to know is to give it a smell. Does your tank water smell like death right now? If it does, remove it as best you can and siphon what you can't scoop out. It's just liquid death now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new