is my co2 scrubber still needed?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok my large DIY co2 scrubber hold 6lbs of media. Its been running the same media now for several months, maybe 4 months or more months old with 0 color change ( what a joke that label is) anyway, my ph is still running well and high...

1. is the media still working after several months of use? research says it should be exhausted by now.
2. if is exhausted then why is my ph still high? raisieng ph was the goal of the diy scrubber.
3. should i take it off line and watch the ph?
4 do i even need it now that the co2 levels in my tank have clearly been lower ( higher ph).
1674062689515.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t need the space then I would leave it hooked up and see if it eventually decreases. If you need the space where the scrubber is I would unhook the line and see what your pH does.
I am new to using a scrubber and mine is the small BRS one that takes around a pound of media and I haven’t replaced the media in 5 weeks and it’s still raising my pH. I do run an outside airline to it though.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally reefer reports that this type of media last 2-4 weeks.
You might have well ventilated, low occupancy house.
yes take it off and watch pH.
You probably don’t need it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%

Back