Is my Duncan okay?

ZachariahBeanzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
290
Reaction score
118
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at my tank and then saw my Duncan with its mouth open and it’s expelling these green translucent bubble things? Is this excess food or something more serious? Thanks
IMG_2612.jpeg
IMG_2611.jpeg
 
Oops, sorry for a false alarm! I was worried because some of my other corals aren’t doing too well, but it just released the bubbles and I think it’s bubble algae? If so I guess I’ll have to deal with that now!
IMG_2613.jpeg
 
That appears to be bubble algae that it's caught and decided and it doesn't want to eat.

I know in my tank bubble algae regularly gets knocked off of the rocks and ends up floating a bit before something catches it or it makes it to the filter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new