is my fish sick???

abirozy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a relatively new 28 gallon nano LED. In it I have a few fish including an orchid dotty back. When I got him, his tail was a little tattered but the LFS said he had been picked on by the other fish and his tail will heal. I have had him for about 3 weeks and his coloration seems to be dimming. I have noticed it is almost like he is getting "bleached" out for a lack of terms. And he has a few white dots on him. Not the small numerous ones like ice, but they appear to be his actual scales are whitish in certain spots (see pic)

Does anyone know if he is sick, or what I can do to make his color come back? I feed the fish the Thera + pellets and alternate them with the frozen mysid shrimp. I feed a small amount every day.

If it helps, the dotty back seems to be the "bully" of the tank. He chases away all of the other fish and the only other one that I can think of that might fight with him is a yellow tail damsel, but it seemls like it is the damsel that gets picked on by the dotty back and not the other way around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Attachments

• DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 179

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it back to the LFS. Should be in a bigger tank. As for the sickness look up ICH or Marine Velvet. Both common and stressed fish are more susceptible.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back