Is My Leather a Goner???

  • Thread starter Thread starter udsmkh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

udsmkh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2011
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
Location
Lakeland, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this leather 12 days ago. I drip acclimated him along with other coral that I had purchased. This leather is the only one showing problems. I placed it low in the tank to let it get used to my lights. Params are 79F, 1.025, 7.84 pH, 489 Ca, 7.7 Alk and 1200 Mg. I realize my Alk and Mg are little low.

What can I do to help it? Is it beyond saving? I am starting to see my ORP drift from it decaying.

upload_2015-5-26_16-1-9.png
upload_2015-5-26_16-1-27.png
 
Yea, thats in pretty bad shape. What you can do though is frag off a good piece and remove the decaying, dissolving tissue.
 
Last edited:
Yea, thats in pretty bad shape. What you can do though is frag off a good piece and remove the dacaying, dissolving tissue.

+1 and cut deep meaning far away from the damaged tissue or it will continue to creep, if you were local id give you some as Im trimming mine routinely as it keeps dropping buds
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new