Is my lobo morphing or sick?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is when I got it (cf bulbs)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388955773.729689.jpg

And here it is now (under LEDs)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388955850.362612.jpg


Are those stripes normal or should I be worried? They seem to be the skeleton. The color, size and inflation are normal. Tank numbers are:
Mg: 1365
Ca: 480
Alk: 7kh brought up to 9
No3: 15-20ppm

I did a 1g w/c (it's a 12g nano) to bring down the nitrates. Any thoughts would be welcome!
 
Ok. I'll turn the lights down and see what happens. Thanks!
 
Do you know how much blue vs white they like? I have Steve's LEDs retrofit lights.
 
It doesn't look happy. You should watch and see if that peppermint shrimp messes with it.. I had a peppermint shrimp eat all of my acans. I hear and know those shrimp have a taste for LPS.
 
Lighting shouldn't be the problem . I have had several and didn't matter where I placed in tank the still did good . Just watch it to see if anything is bothering it . Could be the shrimp, they liked to steal any food you try feeling it . Personally my Blue Tang and Sailfin Tang started picking at my lobos and scolys so had to remove them . From the picture that is what I would say is the problem , something is picking at the coral so it is in defense mode .
 
It doesn't look happy. You should watch and see if that peppermint shrimp messes with it.. I had a peppermint shrimp eat all of my acans. I hear and know those shrimp have a taste for LPS.

Yes!!!! This happened to me a while ago. Peps Are the devil!
 
If you don't mind a one-question hijack - are there any shrimp that are completely reef-safe (aside from stealing food...scavenger-type animals will do that)?
 
I have to peps, one cleaner and a banded shimp with no priblems... but i did have a angel that was nipping at my acans.. si his gine. I would look at fish first
 
If you don't mind a one-question hijack - are there any shrimp that are completely reef-safe (aside from stealing food...scavenger-type animals will do that)?

Idk if anything at all can be considered reef safe until you have had it in your tank and see how it reacts. I've never had problems in the past with pep. Shrimp until now. Every animal has a mind of its own and will do as it pleases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new