Is my Monti dead?

optimisticdingo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
164
Reaction score
70
Location
Norman, Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some personal stuff cause me to neglect my 15 gallon nano reef for a few weeks and the nitrates and phosphates got out of control. My Acros still look good but my Snow Cap Montipora started bleaching and it's been getting worse over the course of the day. Is there still hope for this coral or should I remove it?

Pics
 
Looks like it's still alive. Just leave it
 
Looks like it's still alive. Just leave it
Sounds good. I just wasn't sure if it could recover from the bleaching. I've done a water change to help get the nitrates and phosphates under control so hopefully that helps the guy recover. I've had it for about 6 months and it's one of my favs
 
Very hard to tell under heavy blue light. Please retake pic under white light. key is to restore parameters to their norms.
Moderate light and water flow
Temp 77-79
ph 8.1-8.3
salinity 1.025
nitrate < .5
phos < .04
Ammonia < .03
mG 1300
Alk 8-10
CA 440
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new