Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, is my hammer ok?
P1090882.JPG

P1090891.JPG

P1090893.JPG

P1090883.JPG

(The head to the left is the one in question)

Some of the tentacles look deflated. :(

Could it be that there is to much flow hitting that side? And that's why only that part of that head is like that?

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is new to the tank as of earlier today. Tank has been setup for 2 1/2 months.

Parameters:

Alk: 200ppm
Calcium: 420ppm-430ppm
Nitrate: <5ppm
Phos: 0.25ppm

--- No major swings.

---

I did just adjust the flow a little slower, because I think it might be the flow??

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks okay for now. But I will caution you that 2 1/2 months is awfully soon to be adding corals to a new tank. And euphyllia aren't the easiest to keep. So if they don't make it, don't assume your tank is toxic and something is necessarily wrong. Just wait a few months before you try again.

In the meantime stick to easier corals like GSP, leathers, zoas and mushrooms. If you want an LPS, I had better luck with candy canes before hammers. It's only after 2 years that I've finally been able to keep hammers alive for any period of time.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals always look good initially. usually after 1 day to a week, if there are any issues, will they come to light.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added my First corals (LPS) a week in everything is doing fine although I’m not new to reefing
It looks okay for now. But I will caution you that 2 1/2 months is awfully soon to be adding corals to a new tank. And euphyllia aren't the easiest to keep. So if they don't make it, don't assume your tank is toxic and something is necessarily wrong. Just wait a few months before you try again.

In the meantime stick to easier corals like GSP, leathers, zoas and mushrooms. If you want an LPS, I had better luck with candy canes before hammers. It's only after 2 years that I've finally been able to keep hammers alive for any period of time.
I

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added my First corals (LPS) a week in everything is doing fine although I’m not new to reefing

I
I added my first softies just a week after setting up the tank... no issues!!

Corals always look good initially. usually after 1 day to a week, if there are any is

sues, will they come to light.
Gotcha, I'll keep an eye on it.

This is what it looks like today:
P1100013.JPG

I'm not going to worry myself over weither it will or will not survive or not. Lots of people add LPS even sooner than I do! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back