OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it ! Well that didn’t take long, I was expecting up to 3 weeks.

Only thing is my temp in the 5 gallons was off by 1 C. I got really into it when I saw him in the trap and didn’t even think about checking the temp in there. Let’s hope he doesn’t get ick.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I made a trap. Not sure if it’s big enough. I tried to put frozen and flakes in it but it flies away so the fish don’t need to go in to eat it. Tomorrow I’ll try a small piece of salmon; it’s heavier so it should stay in the bottle.

1669587903225.jpeg
This type of trap often effective with shrimp and worms but try it- nothing to lose otherwise this is thr effective type:
trap3.jpg

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This type of trap often effective with shrimp and worms but try it- nothing to lose otherwise this is thr effective type:
trap3.jpg
Yeah I saw it on Amazon for 63$ CAD. So I made my own and it worked !

I can’t get the little guy on the ground but hopefully he’ll get there on his own now that the bully is gone.

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it ! Well that didn’t take long, I was expecting up to 3 weeks.

Only thing is my temp in the 5 gallons was off by 1 C. I got really into it when I saw him in the trap and didn’t even think about checking the temp in there. Let’s hope he doesn’t get ick.
Good job! 1 degree difference won’t cause any shock. Doubt it even noticed what with being in a trap and all.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still having trouble with the YWG. Allen’s damsel is gone but he’s still glass surfing and just being miserable. I thought he was dead but I found him behind my filter and skimmer when I took them out for maintenance.

I am trying to rehome him (free) to someone who has a nice quiet small tank. I thought I had found someone but they had an emerald crab and I didn’t want to take the chance.

So now he’s back in my breeding box. At least I can feed him. This is such a puzzle; I’ve never had a depressed fish before.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pistol shrimp for him and he’s a happy guy now !

I don’t know if he is the exception, but I wish I had known that sometimes, these fish cannot survive without a shrimp.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back