Is my peppermint carrying eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TCoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TCoach

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
648
Reaction score
611
Location
SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking my tank after lights out and saw a peppermint with unusual coloration. I’m guessing she’s carrying eggs?

Attached are some pictures under red light, red with flash, and flash only.

thanks!

69409809-0E71-46E3-9C65-BD4D1F36C170.jpeg EC59C2FB-6AE3-4B44-AEDF-90BF0CB21E1C.jpeg 972EAA23-5470-4D0F-BB32-852A0082FB0C.jpeg
 
Yepp! I've seen them hatch and hang around the fry stage (not sure if that's what baby shrimp are called) but never seen any mature into adults. From some research our tanks for lacking something to accomplish this.
 
Yes… fish food lol but seriously… you need to put it in a hatchery if you want them to hatch and grow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new