Is my scan splitting?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ve never seen it so this…

IMG_2103.jpeg IMG_2106.jpeg IMG_2107.jpeg IMG_2104.jpeg
 
I concur. I’d love to have a Micromussa that happy and fluffy
 
Actually, it's not nearly as puffy as it normally is. The last two days it has been acting up a tad bit. Where I circled with red, I have never seen it open up like this. It typically looks identical to the left of the blue line. And, that isn't as puffy as it usually is. Where I have the two arrows, the one on the left is really deflated and the one on the bottom left looks like it is constipated (ha ha). When I walked up to it prior to heading to the bedroom I was really shocked to see that opening. I didn't get a good shot, but about 10 seconds after I snapped this pic, it opened up about another inch with the current and then closed again. It just appears to me that it is doing something. But, perhaps It's just me.

1698901180380.png
 
Actually, it's not nearly as puffy as it normally is. The last two days it has been acting up a tad bit. Where I circled with red, I have never seen it open up like this. It typically looks identical to the left of the blue line. And, that isn't as puffy as it usually is. Where I have the two arrows, the one on the left is really deflated and the one on the bottom left looks like it is constipated (ha ha). When I walked up to it prior to heading to the bedroom I was really shocked to see that opening. I didn't get a good shot, but about 10 seconds after I snapped this pic, it opened up about another inch with the current and then closed again. It just appears to me that it is doing something. But, perhaps It's just me.

1698901180380.png
Can also be hungry and responding to feeding on particles. I feed mine mysis shrimp 2-3X a week
 
Based on flesh texture and corallite size, looks like a lobo, not an acan.
 
it’s back to normal this AM. I’ve never seen it like that last night.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 59

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new