Is my toadstool splitting or have an issue?

Pretzel's Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of progression over the last two months or so. Is this a natural (drop/split) or a parasite issue?

1000024653.jpg

1000025465.jpg
 
Tell us about your tank. In addition to knowing about filtration and flow, we'd like to know all the water test values you have, including s.g., temp and nutrients, etc.
 
I've heard some folks say that leathers can split to reproduce, but I've had leathers for many years and I've never seen it.
 
I have that same toadstool and they just do that sometimes. If you leave it alone and just continue to take care of the tank, the toadstool will eventually stand up and look more toadstool-ish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new