Is my urchin pooping, or is this not normal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter crazyleo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

crazyleo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2024
Messages
94
Reaction score
97
Location
Montreal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I got a halloween urchin about a week ago and today he's doing something he's never done before. He moved to the highest flow in the tank and started letting out a huge cloud from the top. Is this just him pooping?



20250112_100937.jpg


I put the best pic in had in case the link to the video didn't work.
 
No, not pooping, she is spawning. They do that when they are stressed or in a bad mood, sometimes when they are in a good mood or sometimes after a water change. So I don't really know but I know it's pretty common.

 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new