Is NPS coral really "expert only"?

Wang Huohuo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
12
Location
China
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, here is Wang Huohuo
I’m a PhD candidate in marine biology in China
I have prepared my first youtube for a while
But recently I'm busy designing a new small aquatic exploratorium (including a 1000 gallon NPS tank)
so it delays
but today I made a video talk about keeping non-photosynthesis gorgonians in tank

We know now we usually regarded NPS as very hard to keep in long term
But after trying for years
Now I know it's not
you just have to do some basic work
then you can get a prosperous NPS tank
IMG_20221117_002405.jpg

IMG_20221012_232153_edit_86282011572771.jpg

IMG_20221031_030148.jpg

IMG_20221031_030625.jpg

DSC06116.jpg

Or even make them spawn
DSC06076.jpg

(Noticing the pink part in the end of polyps)
微信截图_20230426020333.png

Interestingly, it seems the NPS spawning is much easier than Acropora
Although my Acros have spawned for times
But I still think NPS is much easier, it only depends on if they are feeding to appetite
serval friends of mine also make their gorgonians spawned already that could prove my opinion
So just watch my video and how could I achieve that
The first episode is about feeding
If you want to know more about NPS keeping
Or many other things about coral and fish
Please just subscribe to my new youtube channel
 
Great looking NPS tank, and nice video too!!
 
This can definitely guide the proper feeding and long-term survival of NPS from the ground up!
 
AMAZING!You must have used some mysterious Chinese magic!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new